Thursday, February 01, 2007

scattered thoughts

it's 9pm and my work for the day is pretty much done... much more tomorrow of course, but for now, i can't keep still. my mind's been on "turbo mode" since last week, and lately it's been quite taxing just to keep up with it. so if you catch me in a dazed or zoned-out mode, that's probably just me trying to get my brain to settle, or i'm having a meeting with myself. hahaha. sometimes the opposite would happen, that i have so much stuff inside my head, i end up just being bored coz i don't know where to begin. does that make sense?

lately, i'd have chats with a few online friends that kinda go like this...

yahoo friend: ei diane! (or poink, or yanee, depending on who it is) poink123: hey! :) yahoo friend: how are you? poink123: good good. you? yahoo friend: blah blah blah blah (here, a bit of chatter...again, depending on who it is) yahoo friend: so what have you been up to lately? anything new? poink123: nothing new...work, as usual :P hehe

...

*cricket cricket*

*sigh* there's a LOT of things new, actually. i guess it's just that i'd rather tell my story in person, over lunch or coffee... than tire myself out typing out everything that's been happening in my life, only to be interrupted by, wait brb, or ei gtg, til next time! bitin! o_O

tapos may hirit pa yung iba na "so, you have a boyfriend na ba?", like that's really all the update they need.

the people i do chat with online are usually those i already see everyday...sometimes my officemate across the room haha, because i don't need any "updating" for them. i do bug them whenever i can though.

so what HAS been keeping me busy? what's keeping my mind on hyper mode...thus making me even more absent-minded than usual? (to manny, who doesn't read blogs... i know my attention span of late is like that of a 3-year-old...sorreeeee!)

a lot!!! tapos sabay sabay pa! yaaaagh.

at home:
when typhoon milenyo hit, the windows in my room flew off, leaving it in a disastrous, muddy mess. but now, finally, renovations are underway, but lo! my mom and my lola decided not just to repair our windows but do a major overhaul on the house.. painting the walls, replacing the windows, re-cementing the garage. gaaaaaaah. lately we come home to the smell of fresh paint or sawdust, plus my sleeping habit's a bit off-kilter now that the living room sofa has been my bed the past, oh, 4 weeks or so. waaaaah. so anyway, since everything's being turned up, down and inside out here, it's added stress that i have to figure out where to put all the knick-knacks, photo albums, old "toys" and whatnots i've been ignoring since i started working...

work:
pitch, pitch, pitch. that is the word for the month. well, that and REVISIONS. hahaha. but don't get me wrong...work is still fun. i still love it here... yes, despite the overtime, (overnights!). nothing like brainstorming on skin-whitening lotion to really get the adrenaline going. *snicker* but for sure i know i'm still in the right place, with the right people. there IS one thing that does bother me though... it's SO COLD!!! huhuhuhu. it's like working in a refrigerator everyday. i have pics to prove it...with hats, gloves and even wraparound blankies we all look like we're tourists in Siberia or something. our recent Manila weather isn't helping either, brrrrrrrr. lamigin pa naman ako. *sniff*

[edit]
did i mention that it's Philippine Advertising Congress year? yup...so top of mind at work right now is metals! we need award-winning ideas! i feel the pressure now...o_O

church:
ay, where do i begin? hahahaha. basta madami! those on my multiply list are 80% from church anyway, so you know what i'm talking about, hehe. my schedule in the music ministry has been a bit more hectic of late, what with events happening and the kids musical just finishing last december. but it's actually what's been giving me my "break" between work. for KC naman...boy, i have my hands full now with the music team... changes are underway, you guys better keep your eyes and ears open, hehe! please pray all goes well :) (more on that in another entry siguro...er, soon)

and lastly, small group. barely a year ago, i attended my first small group meeting under Randee, and i can still recall how nervous i was to be with new people...opening up like that about God and family and church with strangers, who later on became invaluable friends of mine who'd guide me in my own journey with God. some of them have moved on with new groups, the others still there, every week ever faithful. i've been co-leading the last few months and now...NOW i'm leading my own small group, and it's inspiring to see the look of their earnest faces when we meet, seeing them eager to share their stories and insights on our discussions and excited to know more about God.

between the KC music team changes, helping to train and serving in Music Ministry, plus work, i know i'm up for a rather turbulent time ahead, but i know He's just there guiding me every step of the way. so what do i answer na when someone asks me "what's up?"

ayayay. O_O

No comments: