Thursday, August 02, 2007

what's YOUR sand in your shoe?


this is so true. thank you for this Lance... :) i think i needed to hear it today...

"It isn’t the mountains that wear you out. It’s the grain of sand in your shoe."

--- Author unknown


- - - - - - - -
ok, you can look at the quote above two ways...it can encourage you, or it can dishearten you.

reading it again now, it seemed as if i was sad, and daunted by things i'm about to face that could wear me out.

but i'm not sad... actually, there are so many things i should be thankful for right now. many things are happening all at once, and i guess what struck me more about this is that the quote made me think...

i should be mindful of the little things that i'm choosing to ignore, or overlook, that could very well be the very thing that would hinder me from doing great things... the sand in my shoe -- a forgotten phone call... an unspoken word... swallowing a bitter pill of truth... a person i should forgive...

- - - -

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139: 23-24

No comments: