Tuesday, May 02, 2006

captivated...

just had a glorious 4-day weekend... a pretty busy one, but it was wonderful. my mom and sisters finally arrived home from boracay on sunday. my younger sis even had pasalubong for me, 3 pretty bracelets (not the tacky ones, too). and that night i was asleep on the bed, the aircon was on and my two sisters made me siksik and
slept there, one on each side. i don't know if it's because they missed me, or that they thought i felt bad about missing the bora trip... whatever, it was nice anyway. besides, i wouldn't have missed last sunday for the world, seriously! it was my first time to do backup for the worship team, and i was totally unprepared for it, in a good way! i loved every second, and even though every concert i ever performed in i was always a nervous wreck, for worship i wasn't at all. i was singing my heart out because that's exactly what it was...praise and worship. i didn't even notice all the people, except that they were all singing with me as well. it was so surreal. (oh yah, i DID notice daniel's bright blue hawaiian shirt pala... )

anyhoo, i'm in the middle of this amazing book that Randee lent me, Captivating [Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul] by John and Stasi Eldredge.

i'm really loving it ... i've never been more enlightened, encouraged, or had the understanding of my own heart before. been moved to tears quite a few times and i'm not even in the fifth chapter yet (darn work keeps interrupting me haha...) i told randee it was like somehow i knew all the things talked about in the book, only it was explained much better. i can't wait to finish it.

there's a version for men, Wild at Heart. i think every woman should read Captivating...and to the men who have read it to understand a woman's soul, you have a special place in my heart. (edit: ok dane, skimming would count too ü)


--------------
EDIT:
p.s.
of course, i'll be reading Wild at Heart next. ü

No comments: